Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!

Perhaps Plastic Explosives?

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Wow, I built something!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

Skrillas : 3621

PostSubject: Wow, I built something!!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 pm

^Warning: Large Image^

As the sun starts to descend on the evening of April 3rd, 1932, the already crowded streets of the downtown square are flooded with more people. The rush of business men eager to head home to waiting wives and children, the slow, sluggish movement of the window shoppers halting others, and the static clumsiness of the homeless flow intertwined together on the city sidewalks. That is, until 6:43 PM.

The dying man, who suddenly collapsed amongst the traffic, reaches out for something in the distance. "My briefcase...can't...the money..." The police and the good samaritans surrounding him are baffled. As they look through the crowds, they lose hope. The man's killer is gone.

The detective returns to the bar, and slaps down a notebook on the counter. He fishes for a pencil in his pocket, scores, and scribbles, 'One male - late 40's, purple-grey suit, grey fedora. i.d. - thomas higgins. stabbed twice in the side, deceased - 6:45. no sign of killer. last words - my breifcase, can't, the money.' He picks up his glass of scotch and carefully takes another sip.

Just another mafisoso dio.

Skrillas : 3479

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Nice! but I see a white briefcase in the right of the pic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=327312
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Right, it was so that the viewer of the pic could find the killers. If you notice, the police are looking the opposite way...Allowing the mafiosos to escape without being noticed!

Skrillas : 3470

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:57 am

You built something? Inconceivable!

The whole thing is great but I hafta say the thing that drew my eye first was the fantastic SNOT building in the foreground. Excellent posing and figs too though. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowviking/
Paul
The Decider
The Decider

Skrillas : 3720

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Yeah the tiling on the side of that building commanded my attention, the rest is good too though. Nice to see you can still slap bricks together.

View user profile http://ppexplosives.userboard.net
SGT57

Skrillas : 3645
Location : North Carolina. Weapon: M1 Carbine Vehicle: '98 Jeep Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Hey, that's Tim's Sig-Fig running away with the briefcase!

Nice job on the diorama, it looks great. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/26371913@N02/
-Jester-

Skrillas : 3288

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:23 pm

This is sweet, I love all of the figs!

But it's not just the figs that make this dio rad, everything is 100% WIN! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/jehnez/
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:48 pm

SGT57 wrote:
Hey, that's Tim's Sig-Fig running away with the briefcase!

Yep!! Not all people are saints. Wink

Thanks for the comments guys! The tiling was actually the last thing put into place before the minifigs were added - although I had the thought in mind from the beginning. It's a bit different from 1x2 tiling!!

Skrillas : 3719
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Very cool, You did a great job making it look like a busy street.

-Stormy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks!!

As the old man finishes business with his consiliere, two of his soldiers walk in.

One holds a certain breifcase.

"Good, good...Welcome my friends! I trust the consultant was...disposed of?"

The two slightly nod their heads and hand the breifcase to their superior. He gently sets it on his desk, opens it, and smiles. Reaching into his top desk drawer, he brings out two manila envelopes and fills them behind the open breifcase. He seals them, and hands them off the to waiting men.

"Thank you. Now, go home and get some rest. And buy your wives something nice this weekend."

Last edited by Adrenaline on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:19 pm

The two men walk down the stairs and out into the alley, each clutching their envelopes. The first rips open his, looks and grimaces...A mere hundred. A good amount for the days, but much less than he had received before.

The man behind him carefully opens his own envelope, and lets out a smile.

"Holy...Look at this, Charlie! Gots me 'bout six hundreds 'ere! Jesus...Whatchould I buy Julia, eh? How 'bout a new dress? She'd like a new dress..."

The first whips around and stare at the other's envelope. He wasn't lying. Charlie reached into his jacket as the other stared down. Charlie quickly pulls out metal, and a blasts the other man away. He falls with a hard thump onto the concrete; a blood pool slowly spread out, filling the cracks in the ground.

Charlie pauses, then puts his handgun away and rushes off down the street. He knew what was happening. He was being pushed out. Sooner or later, they would send another one of their God-damned thugs after him, just like he had done early that day.

They want him gone? Well, he'll be going. Going out with a bang. Literally.

Last edited by Adrenaline on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
SGT57

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 am

Nice job on the lighting in the picture, I wonder what Charlie will be "going out with a bang" with?

pirat
Back to top Go down
Shadow Viking

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 am

Your mom.

Or dynamite.
Back to top Go down
Paul
The Decider
The Decider

Skrillas : 3720

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:11 pm

Would you like cake or death?

View user profile http://ppexplosives.userboard.net
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Charlie found his way home, got a drink, and calmed himself down. He would have to take this is strides...He collapsed on the bed, his mind blank. He stared up at the ceiling, in disbelief. What the hell was he going to do?

He found his way back to his boss's office the next day, and was faced with the death of his partner. Always a good liar, Charlie talked his way out of it. The Don knew. So did Charlie.

He stayed with the Family for the next 4 weeks, his pay growing smaller and smaller by the job. He was forced to sell his high-rise apartment for a small, dingy one-roomed flat that only had one window - facing a brick wall. Charlie wasn't pleased.

On May 7th, 1932, Charlie returned his his room once more after a long day at work. The Don had asked Charlie and two other thugs to tail and liquidate a political figure who was starting to nose in on the Family's work. They took a Ford Model A and tailed the official, just as they were asked to. Charlie personally did the dirty work, quickly taking out the man as he walked down a short side alley into his bookie's office. The man was taken in one shot, and Charlie made his way safely back to the others, who were waiting 5 blocks away. Nobody noticed, until the body was found 7 hours later, with no trace of the killer. A perfect job.

Charlie brought home his sealed manila envelope, opened it and pulled out five singles. He was taken aback. This was the last straw. They were done playing games. Now it was his turn. He threw the envelope onto the floor, where it slid to a stop by the battered desk. He pocketed the singles. It was the only cash he had.

The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:28 am

The next day, Charlie woke up early. As everyone in the city starts their morning routine, Charlie walked down the empty sidewalk of Dunham Street. Though the morning was heated with the early summer sun, Charlie donned his trenchcoat. This time, it served a different purpose.

As he reached his target, Charlie glanced back down the lane. Both ways were clear. He slipped into an alley, and quickly decended down the cellar stairs to Morelli's Piano Shop...A well-known speakeasy controlled by the Don. Behind the piano shop was the poison-stocked bar, and underneath the Don stored a deadlier poison. There in Morelli cellar, the Don's weapons expert, Vic Greco, stored and worked on all the firearms used in the Don's business. Charlie had been there himself before every job to pick up his heaters, everything ranging from submachine guns to sniper rifles to double-barreled luparas. After Charlie finally got some pieces of his own in 1930, Charlie hardly ever saw Vic. Nonetheless, Charlie knew Vic would be in his shop early, working on his little beauties. Charlie slowly slipped through the heavy wooden door and down the last flight of steps into the cellar. Vic looked up from his desk, surprised.

"Charlie? Dat you? Good to see you!! Why you comin' down here," Vic looked at the clock on his desk. "So damn early, too!"

"I have some...business I need to discuss with you, Vic."

Vic was taken aback as such coldness.

"Uhh, sure, man...I see you brought a Thompson with you. Somethin' wrong with it?"

Charlie set the Thompson down, turned and took his trenchcoat off. He picked the Thompson back up, inspecting it's stock.

"No, no...Nothing wrong with the Thompson," he mumbled.

"Then whatcha need?"

"This."

Charlie swung the Thompson up to his hip and squeezed the trigger. Hot lead ripped throughout the cellar, piercing flesh, wood, and brick. Vic swung around in anguish and collapsed on the dirty planked floor. Charlie paused, and let the Thompson hang at his side.

"Thanks."

Charlie looked throughout the cellar, and picked what he needed. He carefully stepped over Vic's body as he started to head to the door. He didn't want to look at Vic. Charlie was disgusted in himself. On his way out, Charlie noticed two bundles of tubes on Vic's desk that he had been toying with before the interuption. Charlie picked up the dynamite, weighing it his hands.

"That damn fool, starting to deal with explosives...well, it ain't gonna go to waste."

Charlie pocketed the two bundles and walked out of the cellar carrying his loot in a well-packed crate. As he turned out onto the crowded sidewalk, he realised that nothing was stopping him now. He was ready.

Skrillas : 3553

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Man, I'm really enjoying reading your backstories to each scene. Keep up the great work Tim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:28 am

Thanks! Now, be prepared, three more installments!!!

As the night darkened, the sidewalks began to empty, save for the few loners out for midnight strolls. The illegitimate businesses of the mobs are burning the midnight oil, preparing for an incoming shipment of illegal whiskey, dusty from the Canadian storehouses.

A bent man limps slowly down the street downtown. As he passes a police officer patrolling in the opposite direction, he pulls his draggin trenchcoat tighter to his body, gives a grunt and a tap of the hat. The police officer nods, and passes the old man without a second thought. As soon as he is out of sight, the old man straightens, throws his cane into a nearby trashcan and bolts into a small cafe which serves as the entrance to the personal office of the Don. Charlie slams the door behind him.

Charlie whips his trenchcoat off and pulls out a Thompson that was hanging at his side.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Enjoying your coffee?"

He racks back the bolt, and levels the submachine gun as he continues to walk through the shop.

The soldiers inside stand and reach for their guns as the few innocents scramble to get under cover. Charlie squeezes the trigger of the Thompson before any of the Don's pawns get off a shot. He steps over the bleeding bodies and enters the back room of the cafe.

Charlie storms into the back room and finishes off the 50 round drum of his Thompson into 3 other soldiers playing poker. He throws the Thompson down and picks up a .357 Magnum that was unholstered and thrown down before it could be used. Without stopping, Charlie bursts through a door and heads up the service stairs to the next floor. On the landing he meets another henchman. Charlie approaches the stupid lug of a man and blows his brains out with one shot from the Magnum. The man drops to the floor with a clang and Charlie continues on up the stairs to the third floor, the location of the Don's office. He goes through the door and enters the wood paneled hallway. He is so close, he can almost taste the Don's cigar smoke.

"Here I come."

Skrillas : 3553

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 am

Brilliant! On the second scene, bottom right corner: The warped floorboards are brilliant. But what is there to say, everything in each scene is absolutely brilliant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks. For that last scene, I had like 3 photos I was trying to choose from, each one had it's pros and it's cons...I hope I chose the right one!!

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:16 pm

I think you did; great job on this Mafia story, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 am

Oh, man, getting so close to the end...4 more updates!!! This is the first time I've included some vulgar language, so I've edited for the Forum Edition. Wink

Charlie storms down the hallway. He checks the .357 Magnum, decides to throw it aside and reach into his jacket. He pulls out two silver plated Colt .45's and sharply turns the corner at the end of the hallway. He levels the the two handguns akimbo, and fires into the three men guarding the Don's office. One goes down with a headshot, and Charlie turns to the other two and empties the clips into their chests. Charlie throws down the empty pieces and picks up one of the soldier's Thompson, racking back the bolt, and busts into the Don's office.

"Evening, doc. Whatcha up to?"

The two men in the Don's office fall to the power of the Thompson. The Don is simply standing behind his desk, a calm look on his face. Charlie strides up opposite of him and levels the Thompson. He kicks a revolver on the floor out of his way.

"Charlie...I honestly thought you wouldn't go this far. First your partner, Angelo, then Vic, and now all of these men. You won't get away with this, Charlie. Anyway you're a dead man."

"Yea, I guess you're right," Charlie lowered the Thompson. "No matter what I do, I'm going to die. 'Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?'"

"Matthew 23:33. Always the religious man, Charlie."

"I'm sure you heard this many times," Charlie hesitated. "I'll see you in Hell."

Charlie raised the Thompson, gazing down the sights into the Don's surprisingly gentle eyes.

A single shot rang through the room.

Charlie collapsed, his suit slowly staining with blood. The Don calmly walked around his desk, pulling out a fat, home rolled cigar. He fished in his pocket for a lighter. Charlie, horrified and shaking with the thought of his body torn open, scrambles over the wood floor, backing his way over to the Don's record player. He struggles to push himself further back, to just disappear. His bloody hand continually slips over the stained wood.

The Don stops, lights his cigar and puffs.

"Charlie, let me introduce you to my top hitman, Abele Giordano. He just emigrated from Italy and comes highly recommended." A young, broad man stepped into the room, holding a smoking .45. He bent down akwardly and picked up the Thompson.

"Have you ever read the book of Ezekiel, Charlie?"

Charlie gave no response.

"No? I thought you would have. Let me enlighten you.'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness...for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...and you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.'

"I control this city, Charlie. I control Abele, here. I control the police. I control the newspapers. I ******* control you, too, Charlie! If you think you can strut around MY town, doing whatever the **** YOU want, you will end up in some ****, son. Even if by some miracle that you escape this office, I will hunt you down like the ******* dog you are," the Don chuckled. "But I don't see that happening."

The Don kneeled at Charlies side, and forced their eyes to meet. "You're in my house, now, Charles." He slammed Charlie's head into the wood. The Don stood, and walked back to the front of his desk. Charlie looked up.

"Now, what am I going to do with you, Charlie?"

The Don turned and took another puff on his cigar as his eyes widened. With a last burst of energy, Charlie rolled across the floor, past the Don, and pick up the revolver he had kicked out of the way earlier.

As Charlie stopped, taking aim over a dead body, he mumbled, "Die you ******* *******."

Before Abele could even react, Charlie pulled back the hammer and pulled the trigger of the revolver twice. The Don staggered back onto his desk, blood spurting from his abdomen. The bullets ripped through the Don's intestines, condemning him to death. Abele, eyes wide, turned to Charlie and pulled his own trigger, emptying 4 more rounds into Charlie.

Charlie, satisfied, dropped the bloody revolver and fully collapsed, adding another dead body to the pile.

Abele, feeling confused, scared and relieved, rushed out of the office and past the dead bodies throughout the building leaving the Don to his demise. He ran out to the sidewalk, past the police station, past the hospital and boarded a ship to Italy the next day.

The massacre was found the following morning by the Don's consiliere. The record player, still rotating, filled the room with static.

Skrillas : 3719
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:08 am

Man, I have to say that all of your stuff is just plain amazing, great work! Smile

-Stormy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Viking

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Holy freaking crap. Brilliantly written.
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks!! The thing with the Bible verses came to me when I was playing the Mafia computer game - They had a Bible verse in the beginning, and I figured I could probably find some Bible-Google and find some interesting verses to use...And I did! Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Wow, I built something!!   

Back to top Go down

Wow, I built something!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next